cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTC toolkit problem issue

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Rob,

Generate code can take a few minutes to finish creating your tele-op vi. Do you see the generate code progress bar ever appear? Do you see the tele-op template ever appear?

What version of OSX are you using?

-Ethan

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,065 Views)

Hi

I've activated my LabVIEW and loaded the F1 patch of the FTC toolkit.

The "Generate Code" text has reverted to a clean single text button, and The new tool appears to be working now.  

I did have issues with projects I'd created prior to the patch, so I'd recommend starting fresh.

Thanks for the update.

I found a couple of "issues" while testing.. 

If you start a blank robot and attempt to create code right away, the code is unrunable since there are no motors defined (for the battery monitor input) then the compiler crashes and exits if you try to close out of the VIs.,

I know this procedure is flawed, but even still, the program shouldn't blow up

Also, Can anyone explaing why the code that LVLM generates for a simple driving robot is less than clean.

eg: why is the controller 2 block above controller 1?

why are the motor constants ordered right, left, when the vi generating the outputs would prever left, right.

also, are the two single-frame sequence blocks really required, or are they there for cosmetic effect.

simple thinks like that.

I've attached an image of the actual vi, vs what I think it should have created...

If I'm going to teach graphical programming, I think style is just as important as function.

Phil.

Get a life? This IS my life!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,065 Views)

Hey Phil,

Thanks for the feedback!

1. Unrunnable code with blank schematic. On the list of things to do, right now the user will need a HTDC motor, or a MATRIX motor defined in the schematic so that we have something to read the battery of. My plan is to have the default be reading the battery voltage on NXT Motor A(which would just read the NXT's battery voltage.) This would be a bit silly because we already read the battery voltage as part of the template, but better than a broken vi. "Compiler crashes" sounds bad, can you explain what you mean by that.. LabVIEW crashes and exits?

2. Regarding "clean code". Short ansewer is it is easier to clean up a diagram by hand than generate it cleanly on the fly programatically. Right now we programatically press the "clean up diagram" button on the vi state panel. This does an ok job but does do things like put controller 2 on top as you noticed.

-motor constant ordering. (also on the list of things to do, but lower down. )

-The two frames are there for cosmetic effect to separate the two separate controllers.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,065 Views)

After install the new toolkit, my labview is fine now. Thanks to all.

Message 14 of 16
(1,065 Views)

Good to hear. Thank you for closing the loop. Good luck!

- Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,065 Views)

Jerry:

Could you please share the operating system, and other pertinant information that you have the stable working LVLM/MCT program installed on?

Have you tried to 'generate code' and write any autonomy, or are you just using the RC Editor and Schematic Editor?

Are you able to change the names of the tetrix motors in the Schematic Editor?

I am trying to get working installations on a Windows 8, and some Windows 7 laptops. I am having issues in all the areas above.

I am fully up-to-date and 'activated' for 'LVLM' and 'Full Dev System'  (during eval mode, bugs were even worse)

My LVLM install was from an online download (not the DVD)

Help About status checks confirm: LVLM 12.0.1 f5;  NXT Module  SP1 f2; and MCT 2013-2014

You're the first LV User I've found that is not having issues. Your computer settings might give me a clue.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,065 Views)