FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with code (Archived)

Update: This discussion applies to Issues from the 2010 FTC season and is no longer relevant for current FTC competition software.

We have been trying to  write code for four DC motors.  I have attached a copy of the code and is shows no errors.  However, when downloaded to the NXT only two motors operate (drive train) .  The third and fourth does not operate.  We are wanting to have the motors operatte on the joystick on the second controller.  Does anyone have any ideas to try on our code?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,657 Views)

First....  you are using last year's robot templates.

You may want to download this year's FTC toolkit to get the latest VIs.

Next, you appear to be passing the same two motor configurations to all three of your MoveMotor VIs.

That is, it appears that both controllers are trying to control the same two motors.

You need to use the Motor Configurator program (TOOLS/NXT Tools/TETRIX MOTOR CONFIGURATOR) to define your various motors (which port, controller etc), and then pass these to the desired MoveMotor VI's.

To see what I mean, look at one of those blue boxes titled "Motor Configurations".  Roll the cursor over where it says "Left Drive".  When the cursor turns to a finger, click the box.  You will see a pull down with a list of predefined motors.. (eg: Arm Manipulator).  These were setup as place holders in the template.  You must define your own motors (based on your wiring) , and then pass them to the MoveMotors VI.

In the template, each MoveMotors VI is controlling two motors, but you can also just pass a single motor configuration.

Phil.

Get a life? This IS my life!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,578 Views)