FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template for FTC (Updated)

Update: This discussion applies to Issues from the 2010 FTC season and is no longer relevant for current FTC competition software.  In LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS create a new robot project and use the FTC template. This will include the autonmous templete in the project. You can generate your teleop template from the remote control editor.

Where can I get the FTC template? I'm working with the FIRST in Texas organization (www.firstintexas.org) to teach LabVIEW to mentors and teams but I'm not with a specific FTC team. I have LabVIEW software through work and I downloaded the FTC Toolkit but I'm not sure if the vi's in the templates directory is all there is. There are 5 Vi's and 4 controls and no LabVIEW project. (FTCAutoBasic.vi, FTCAutoFull.vi, FTCTeleopBasic.vi, and some others) Is this template that is required or is there something else that I'm missing? If I'm missing something, how do I get it?

Thanks

Joe V

"Lockheed" Joe
Testing Blog"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,445 Views)

No project, just some template VI's and Motor/servo definition controls.

Here:  http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13652

Start with the FTCTeleopBasic.vi template for driving.

It is pre-configured assuming the "Getting Started with FTC vehicle"  : 4WD, Direct Drive, Motor1 on left, Motor2 on right.

Get a life? This IS my life!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,434 Views)