Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check/Update Idea Statuses

Solved!
Go to solution

The Status overview of the Idea Exchange gives the sad and wrong impression as if NI would not give a...ttention to the ideas posted here:

Here, a top-kudoed idea is in status NEW since 2011:

IdeaRottingAway.png

The Idea Status list also could give the impression as if only about every 7th idea got ever read by a NI employee, at best from R&D or Markeing, who does process it:

IdeaExchangeStatus.png

Reality is much better! But users can't see it.

Recently, I posted a less than brilliant idea which promptly was dealt with:

Idea - rejected.png

I'm totally happy with the answer but still, other readers could get the impression that the idea would be "new" instead of "declined":

Idea-a stupid one.png

Also, there is a bunch of duplicates around which cause splitting of any Kudos for them.

A little bit ouf houskeeping would be nice. Consider an "inactive" status for ideas which did not get commented/kudoed/read for more than X months...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,172 Views)

Your idea has nothing to do with Teststand, but is a comment on the operation of the Idea Exchange in general.  It belongs in the  Feedback on NI Community board.

I'll ask the moderator to move it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,152 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bluegraf

Hi Bluegraf,

I apologize for the delay in responding to you. Thank you for your feedback. We are aware of this Check/Update Idea Statuses and have captured it to our development backlog. We are tracking this and hope to implement it when priority allows.

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,097 Views)