more missing "Getting Started" manuals

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 47
(1,933 Views)

Hello, Brian:

Sorry about the delay on getting you a response. I was looking into some of the links you referenced. To summarize, yes, the Product Documentation team is aware of the broken links issue and plan to resolve it, however, due to other priorities, we will most likely work on the resolution until later this year. In the meantime, we can report broken links as we find them and resolve them on a case-by-case scenario. 

I have edited the link from the Idea Exchange to correctly reference the Wait On Asynchronous Call Node document. 

The zone.ni.com links are a bit more tricky, though. That was al old system that NI no longer uses and was moved to another system that is also not in use so in some cases, content might be lost. As you can see, most of the posts referencing that site are rather old, so when it comes to zone.ni.com links specifically the Community team will need to do some work to decide what the best way to go about these broken links is.

Whenever we have more information we can let you know. Thank you for bringing these up, we appreciate it.

Jenny B
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 47
(1,925 Views)

I reported this broken link. I will edit the reply once I have the correct one. 

Jenny B
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 47
(1,923 Views)

Thanks for the update.  I understand that sometimes, content is just lost.  I just incorrectly believed that any NI URL would live on indefinitely.  Is 2016 that long ago?  I mean it was only like 4 years ago...oh well time doesn't feel like it used to.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 47
(1,916 Views)

Hi Jenny,

more broken links…

A fresh computer installation, with LabVIEW/TestStand2019.

I started MAX and noticed some missing hardware drivers (like NI-DMM or NI-DCPower). MAX offers a button to go the the "ni.com/drivers" page - I took that offer:

And ended on a blank website, with just the large green NI footer at the bottom…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 47
(1,757 Views)

An applications engineer provided some links to a white paper, and a document a few years ago.  One link is Page Not Found, the other redirects to the most generic page on using hardware with LabVIEW, which is a little odd since the subforum was for LabWindows/CVI.  The wayback machine has some information on one of them.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/How-do-I-control-a-ZPL-label-printer-via-USB/m-p/2749048#M65...

No Site Feedback or Was this Helpful on the page.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 47
(1,745 Views)

Hi Gerd

The link works fine for us. Can you try on a different browser or ask somebody else to see if they encounter the same behaviour?

jenniferbni_1-1681832116659.png

Jenny B
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 47
(1,735 Views)

I have sent this to somebody internally to see if we can try and find the content. I will keep you posted.

Jenny B
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 47
(1,732 Views)

Hi Jenny,

@jenniferbni wrote:

The link works fine for us. Can you try on a different browser or ask somebody else to see if they encounter the same behaviour?

The link "ni.com/drivers", typed manually into a browser, does also work for me.

But: in my screenshot above I was using that button in MAX, which seems to go to a different link and then was redirected to that website with all the parameters in the URL as shown in the screenshot. As all that happens on a production computer (PXI controller) I cannot reproduce it easily on a different computer nor can I change the installed/default browser.

Well, I just need to start NIPM to install NI-DMM and NI-DCPower for those cards in the PXI chassis, but expected some useful information when using the button in MAX…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 47
(1,697 Views)

Hi, we did some research and found replacement links. We believe they might not be an exact match but still a good fit. I edited the response from the link you shared to reflect these new links. Let me know if you believe they're a good enough match.

Jenny B
NI Community Support

Message 40 of 47
(1,682 Views)