Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image extensions should not be case sensitive!

So I wanted to insert the link to the picture attached here via its URL, but it gets rejected by the import tool.

altenbach_0-1684874189811.png

If I change the extension on the URL to lower-case png, everything works fine, even though the link actually points to an upper case PNG.

I think the photo import tool should ignore the lettercase of URLs.. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,547 Views)

This has been a problem for a long time.  I was unable to find where I brought it up.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,502 Views)

Obviously, there is a list of allowed image types as identified by their extension. Apparently, this list is lowercase, so any extension needs to be converted to lc before checking.

(There is also a list of allowed file types for attachments. Is that one case insensitive?)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,495 Views)

Hi there! We've fixed this. Can you please do a quick test to confirm it's working now?

Jenny B
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,465 Views)

Let's see if this works...

Direct paste:

https://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/130/17851/1/Capture.PNG

Nope.  If the extension was lower case, that pasting would have inserted the image.

Using "Insert Photos":

Capture

That worked!  So I would say you have half the solution...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 5
(1,463 Views)