ROFL!!!

LOL!!

ROFL!!!!

Ben!  You are funny!

LOL!!

Message 31 of 64
(1,504 Views)

Hi Ben,

The inconsistency of this issue makes it inherently difficult to troubleshoot and resolve. However, this is still actively being worked on and we have found a way to reliably reproduce the problem and identified a likely cause.

We don't have a specific timeline for a fix, but the issue has been further escalated and we are working on it.

Thanks so much for the diligent reports of when this has been occurring and helping us to get to the bottom of the problem. We'll keep you updated here.

Thanks!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
Message 32 of 64
(1,492 Views)

This finally hit me this morning (a little before 7am EDT).  I just opened up an old bookmark I had.  After looking it over again, I noticed I was logged out.

The final page was here: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Development-Best/Plug-in-Architecture-using-Packed-Project-Librarie...

My bookmark was this: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-19176

EDIT: Just tried the bookmark again and I was not logged out this time.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 33 of 64
(1,468 Views)

mismatch happend again this morning while I was trying to give Tim a Kudo. Refresh page and OK.

As of now this thread

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Reg-Constant-folding-of-wires-and-structures-settings/m-p/3696631#M...

Is always showing a new no matter how many times I look at it.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 34 of 64
(1,455 Views)

Now after posting the message above, it is now showing new.

I use the "bold" indication that I should look at a thread so this is now a real pain.

Did an update get deployed about noon eastern today?

Seems all threads updated after noon are stuck showing as new.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 35 of 64
(1,452 Views)

Ben -

There have been no updates today. The issue with the read status was previously reported here and is under investigation. Typically, returning to the board in ~20 minutes will update the topics.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 64
(1,447 Views)

I have NEVER seen the "read Status" issue before today.

Now more to report on this one.

If I click  on the topic from the gae where they live (example this thread from the Feedback forum) the thread shows as read.

But if I use the links in my "recent posts" and then return to my profile page, it shows as unread.

Ben

Message 37 of 64
(1,444 Views)

And for today's "problem-dejure"...

Clicking on the links in my recent posts is not taking me to the post but rather to the first page of the thread. It worked right yesterday but not this morning.

This reminds me of what happened at one of the labs I serve. They had a lead operator that took over after the previous moved on to a better job. The new guy had to just poke at everything. They asked me to track down an issue where the temperatures from a Dew-point Hygrometer was occasionally not reporting correctly. Investigation showed that someone was switch the hygrometer from degree F to C. That change could only be done via the FP of the hygrometer. Further investigation always showed that it was happening when THAT guy was working in the lab. They could not just fire him due to rule sand regulations.

Soon after I was scheduled back in to make a code change for them. They had to reschedule since there had been an accident and the lab was shut down for the hazmat crew to clean-up and then let the lab air out for a couple of weeks. When I got back in to the lab THAT guy was gone and I asked what had happened. it turns out that guy could just not control himself and had been playing with formaldehyde and had dropped the bottle breaking it and contaminating the entire building. The good news that was serious enough for them to be able to can him. The hygrometers have been working like clock-work ever since and I wonder if THAT guy is now working for Lithium and discussion forums.

We should not be seeing a new problem every day.

Ben

Message 38 of 64
(1,429 Views)

Ben -

Thanks for reporting the issue with the Latest Posts component on the profile page. We are seeing the same problem in Firefox and Chrome. We will escalate this issue accordingly.

Update: this appears to only be occurring with forum and user group posts, but not with document comments, idea comments, or blog comments.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 64
(1,421 Views)

As of your update this AM it worked to get me to your update. I will poke around at others to see if your reply made the difference.

Edit

No the problem is still there if the thread has not been updated. More specific to make it easier on you.

I noticed that someone (it turns out it was you) had replied to my post this AM. I clicked on the bolded link at it took me to your reply.

Returned to my profile and again hit the same link (that was not bold since I viewed your reply) and once gain, it took me back to the first page of the thread.

SO...

If thread updated it took me to the most recent reply.

If thread not updated, the link takes me to the first page of the thread.

Ben

Message 40 of 64
(1,419 Views)