Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the free 6 month LabVIEW student edition

Solved!
Go to solution

For some reason, the link to the instructions on how to get a free 6 month student evaluation is now broken.

However, NI still links to it e.g. from this page.

(I submitted a feedback report to the NI web team so hopefully this will be fixed soon. Did anything change with this offer?)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,405 Views)

Hi altenbach,

It looks like that page was edited yesterday and just needed to pass through the Community moderation process we had in place over the weekend.

I believe it should now be live and functioning, but please let us know if you see any problems.

Thanks!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
Message 2 of 9
(7,383 Views)

Hi Matt,

I also tried downloading the 6 months student version. The link would not work for me either. It says: You do not have access to view this page or to perform this action. Is it only possible for users form the US (I am from Germany)? I ended up downloading LabView NXG in an 'evaluation mode'. Form now on I got 45 days to use the program. Is there any way to extend the time period? Or is there still another way to achieve a student version for several months?

Thanks for your help!

Tobi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,583 Views)

Hi Tobi,

I'm investigating the issue with our academic team. I will post when I have an update for you.

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,558 Views)
Solution
Accepted by altenbach

Hi Tobi,

I have an update for you from our academic team.

All Academic Site Licenses now include the Student Install Option, which means that you can install the same version of LabVIEW on your personal computer for no additional cost. You can talk to your professor or IT administrator to find out if your school has an Academic Site License, and if so, they can tell you how to install LabVIEW on your personal computer.

For that reason, the 6-month evaluation of LabVIEW for Education is no longer needed. We are working to update all reference pages on the website.

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,522 Views)

@Kristi_Martinez wrote:

For that reason, the 6-month evaluation of LabVIEW for Education is no longer needed.  

Well, yes, it would still be needed for personal educational use by a student at a location that does not have an ASL.

Message 6 of 9
(5,513 Views)

That'S unfortunate as some sites still don't have a "academic license" and it is a big mess to find someone who is on a license plan and knows it actively...

So the 6 Month Evaluation programm has ended, nothing more thats extremely sad

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,420 Views)

So in my issue, TUM has an ASL, and I contacted the person responsible for it. I hope it will work out soon. Anyways the 6 months student trial version was (I would guess) much easier to obtain.

Thanks for your answers and effort!

Greets

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,416 Views)

After further evaluation, we have decided NOT to discontinue the program. We are working to get the community page back up with the instructions for installation and activation.

If your school or university has an Academic Site License, you should not be using this free 6-month evaluation of LabVIEW Student Edition; you have access a 1-year license of LabVIEW Professional via the Student Install Option.  

For students of all other institutions that do not have Academic Site License, the 6-month evaluation of LabVIEW Student Edition is for you. 

Sorry for any delays or problems this hiccup caused. 

Message 9 of 9
(4,630 Views)