FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer cFP 1808 bank to delivery computer

I have a cFP setup working fine in LV 2010 on my development computer. Now I need to move it to a delivery computer. I copied all the project including the.iak to the (shiny) new computer which has LV and PF and Visa etc all freshly installed and apparently working.

I connect the ethernet cable and MAX does not see this bank of cFP. It will not recognize the IP address (192.168.1.2) the computer IP is 192.168.1.109.

The Ethernet port works because when I connect it to the modem, my network name shows up.

The cable works because it works on my development computer

I get error 32812 when I try to read one of the TC modules.

Any help will be gratefully received.

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,394 Views)

Hi jbrohan!

Do you have your cFP connected directly to your computer?   If you have it connected directly (not through the network), you will need to be using a crossover cable.  There are also some additional settings you'll have to configure.  This KnowledgeBase talks about how to do this.

Also, check to see if you can manually ping the cFP through the Windows command prompt.  There's also this article that describes possible causes of error 32812.

Hope this helps!

Starla T. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,383 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

It worked when it was directly connected to my development computer. The cable is correct and works fine.

I just want to move it to a delivery computer. What are the steps required?

It would seem that If i load the iak file into MAX on the delivery computer it should be able to find the cFP bank.

I have reset the I address to 0.0.0.0 and re-attached it to the development computer and it seems to be working properly.

The IP address is a feature of the cFP bank rather than a feature of the host computer?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,379 Views)

Hi jbrohan,

In order to switch the FieldPoint to the delivery computer, you will need to make sure the FieldPoint drivers are installed on the new computer.   Also, you will need to set up the computer's network settings according to this KB.  Once you do this, you should be able to locate the FieldPoint.  If you still can't see the device, try to ping it using the IP address and the windows command prompt.  If you cannot ping the device, than that usually means there is something wrong with the network settings.  

Do you have multiple networks cards on the delivery computer?   If you do, you may want to refer to this KB.  

Hope this helps!

Starla T. 

Message 4 of 5
(6,364 Views)

The central issue seems to be setting the IP address of the network card  in the same subnet as the controller. The corssove cable is needed on one laptop, but on another it does not matter.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/72AE8CADA1AF075686256A16005D55B1

This is the main piece of knowledge required, Many thanks to the  author and to Starla T

John

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,347 Views)