FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Event Counter

Is there a way to add a basic counter to flexlogger?

I am running a bend test to 1 million cycles and would like to be able to record the cycle count along side the current test data, can this be done by automatically counting when a set event occurs? i.e every time the test rig travels past 800mm each cycle?

Or can this only be done by purchasing and using other software or modules?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,187 Views)

With LabVIEW it would be fairly straightforward to add a plugin which did this using the Plugin Development Kit: https://www.ni.com/documentation/en/flexlogger/latest/manual/adding-a-plugin/

I've attached an example of how it could be done.

I think this is also a reasonable ask to have this as a built in option for events.  I've added it to our list of feature requests.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
Message 2 of 5
(3,132 Views)

Does this mean I would need to purchase LABview and the plug-in development kit? As we are currently only using Flexlogger.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,118 Views)

The plugin development kit is free, but if you want to make modifications to that plugin it would require LabVIEW.  I included a built version of the plugin in that .zip file, it might be all you need as is, if thats the case you should just be able to put the folder with the built version here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\FlexLogger\Plugins\IOPlugins and then add the plugin from FlexLogger from the "add channels" button in the toolbar.  

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,111 Views)

Hello All,

I just wanted to clarify a few things on this thread. Kevin initially provided a built version of a plugin example that is included within our next release of the FlexLogger Plugin Development Kit. He just provided this a little bit early since it aligned with the question. These examples are intended to show users what type of plugins can be built as well as an example for them when trying to build their own.

For users who need to extend FlexLogger with a plugin, they can feel free to use the FlexLogger Plugin Development Kit which developers will need a compatible licensed version of LabVIEW or they can reach out to one of our many partners who can help them develop these plugins.

Tommy G.
Product Manager - Search
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,042 Views)