FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexlogger Plugin configure button stays disabled

Hello,

I'm developing a Flexlogger plugin and the configure button of my plugin now stays disabled indefinitely. My plugin was working fine before, I made some changes that I reverted back (because of the issue) and now the I have this behaviour.

I placed a One Button Dialog in the Initialize.vi and it doesn't seem to be played.

Obviously, I've made sure that all my VIs are executable.

What could trigger this behaviour? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,959 Views)

Just checking to make sure I understand:

- Once you revert your changes, do things work again or are they still broken?

- What were the changes you made? Was it adding the one button dialog? The plugins are loading in a built LV .exe running in the RTE with windows disabled so they won't work in a plugin (I just tried adding one to my plugin and it broke with the symptoms you describe - configure button always greyed out, no data from my channels  EDIT: actually I was wrong, they do work, the dialog just doesn't pop to the front so you have to go search for it, until I closed the dialog I saw the symptoms you describe)

Are you able to share the plugin? I'd be happy to take a look and see if I can tell what is going on.  

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,945 Views)

Hello Kevin,

After reverting, the problem is still there. In fact, the modification was to call some windows dll so a popup would come on top of Flexlogger (having the focus). I removed those call because I thought they might be the problem but it did not helped. 

I added the one button dialog as I wanted to debug why the configure button kept being disabled. I haven't found any better debug alternative for a plugin inside Flexlogger.

I can share my code in private (not on the forum). How can I send it to you?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,934 Views)

Sent you a PM

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,918 Views)

As far as debugging goes:

Internally our team uses ETW trace for debugging (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/etw/event-tracing-portal). Just logging to a file, or console out, are also good options.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,916 Views)