FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI9403

Hi

I have a simple question:

When using my NI 9403 (32 DIO 5V/TTL) with my Flexlogger : Is it correct that I cannot use inputs and outs individually on one unit?

I can only find one (two) options: Set all as input or set all as output.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,788 Views)

Hi STDEM,

per the manual: https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374069f.pdf

You can independently configure each DIO channel in software for input or output.

You would probably need to create 2 task: 1 task for the DI and one for the  DO.

Hope this helps!

Vincent Carpentier, Ing./Eng.
CLA, CPI
Neosoft Technologies
www.neosoft.ca
DQMH Trusted Advisor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,755 Views)

STDEM,

Thank you for using FlexLogger and for reaching out with your question!  While the hardware does support it, currently FlexLogger only allows you to configure the 9403 channels for all input or all output.  The same is true for the 9401.

FlexLogger does allow you to configure input/output per channel on the 9402 digital module.  Adding that ability for the 9401 and 9403 are items on our backlog.  The hardware differences between the modules made supporting it on the 9401/9403 more difficult, so we started with the 9402 first.  Also, we plan to update our documentation to make these differences more clear.

See this recent post where we discussed the same issue with another customer.

Is using the 9402 an option for you that will meet your needs?

Thanks!

Kris Klemett

Section Manager, Product R&D

NI

Message 3 of 4
(1,741 Views)

Hi Kris

Thank You for the answer and info.

We have just bought a Flexlogger system and I was just practicing for checking out what it can do, so I made a hardware setup with a few I/O's and start making some measuring and control exercises. Of cause we most often will use inputs, when we're logging data and let the other parts "controlling" how it runs 🙂

best regards

Sten

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,702 Views)