FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup Errors

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been using FlexLogger for a couple months and just today started getting new popups (see below).  Once I clear the error messages then the Loading box is still there and doesn't go away.  I waited approximately 10 minutes at the longest before finally just giving up.  I will say that I downloaded the Plugin Developer Kit and LabVIEW 2019 trial and then this started happening (trying to experiment and learn to use Plugins).  Any thoughts/suggestions on getting this fixed other than reverting the computer back to before I did the previously mentioned installs?  Thanks!

No Supported Languages.PNGUnable to open Resource Files.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,168 Views)

I haven't seen these error dialogs before, but they may be related to FlexLogger having problems loading plugins you have created. Here are a couple of steps you can try:

1- Remove any plugins you have in  C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\FlexLogger\Plugins\IOPlugins 

2- Open a new FlexLogger project, do you still have errors?

3- Build the "Mouse Input" example plugin.  C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2019\examples\FlexLogger\IO Plugins\Mouse Input (instructions for building a plugin found in the manual).

4- Close any open FlexLogger project. Open a new project and try to add the Mouse Plugin to your Channel Specification.

Related question- what versions of FlexLogger and the Plugin Development kit are you using? The version numbers appear in NI Package Manager in the Installed tab.

Cameron
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,129 Views)

Flexlogger requires the 2019 64 bit run time. I bet something with the LabVIEW install messed that up (you want to install 64 bit LabVIEW for plug-in development, installing 32 bit shouldn't break things but it may have in this case).  A little more info on the run time error here: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019ZQpSAM&l=en-US

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
Message 3 of 7
(4,120 Views)

So I don't have any plugins currently installed.  I tried installing the Mouse plugin to see if I could use it in FlexLogger and then deleted it after I started having issues.  I have FlexLogger 2019 R4.1 and FlexLogger Plugin Development Kit 1.1.  I'm currently Repairing FlexLogger via the "Repair" option within NI Package Manager, though with how long it's taking I'm not sure I'll get it completed by the time I leave work for the day.  If that still doesn't work then I'll trying actually building the Mouse Input plugin following the manual that you suggested.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,118 Views)

Kevin,

I believe I've actually downloaded both the 32 and 64 bit version.  Should I uninstall the 32 bit version?  Thank you.

Bret

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,117 Views)
Solution
Accepted by brethigh

It shouldn't be necessary to uninstall 32 bit. I think I would first try to reinstall the 64  bit runtime from here:https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview.html#329483

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
Message 6 of 7
(4,095 Views)

Uninstalled both the 32 and 64 bit then reinstalled the 64 bit version and the pop-ups went away.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,702 Views)