G Web Development Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GWeb Next release?

I was totally sold on G Web at NI Connect 2022, and it is concerning to see signs of discontinued support. I agree with many of the critiques above, and the need transparency is huge. My general feeling about G Web at this point is that the whole thing is almost great. There are tons of features, but none of them are quite what I want. In addition to what has already been said...

• The flexible layout features are really neat, but only viable if you have a very simple interface. There are many UI elements (such as gauge indicators) that scale horribly. It is also very buggy... I've come across an arrangement of controls where trying to "snap" to another arrangement will reliably crash the code.
  • Text does not scale well, and that is crucial for viewing on displays with different size and/or resolution. 
  • Graph scaling is also not good and needs more granularity of settings, such as axis label size and scaling.
  • I would like better integration into SystemLink. Why can't I view Web Apps in proper full screen and get rid of all the SystemLink headers at the top of the page? They provide the full screen option for Dashboards.

I love what G Web provides, and t looks like the groundwork has been laid to address all these things, but it needs patches and feature updates.

Message 11 of 11
(292 Views)