G Web Development Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing code between applications

Solved!
Go to solution

What is the proper way to share code between applications on the same machine using the G web development software.  I have created a library, packaged it, and then installed the package, and that works.  However, if I need to add or change the code in the library, I have to uninstall the library package first or I can't build the library package.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(759 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jag

When developing Add-ons its helpful to know that you can configure the global Add-ons enabled in a project in the gwebproject settings.

For example in the screenshot below:

• I double-clicked the DebugTools.gwebproject file itself in the editor to open its settings.
  • I changed the Add-on filter to All and was able to find my Add-on rajsite-DebugTools-DebugTools which I know contains the DebugTools.gcomp library
  • I disabled the rajsite-DebugTools-DebugTools Add-On for this project as this is the project where that Add-On itself is developed

MilanR_0-1692288936212.png

What is the proper way to share code between applications on the same machine using the G web development software.

Add-ons are particularly great when you need to share libraries for developers on multiple machines. If you are just on a single machine you can also manage them from a different directory and add them as links. Just mentioning as another option depending on your use case.

In the screenshot below:

• I right clicked in the Project Files pane and chose Add File
  • I navigated to a library gcomp outside of my project and selected it
  • The library was added to a Links section in the project

MilanR_1-1692289640414.png

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(739 Views)