G#

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G# Debugger Problem - wrong or missing objects and attributes

Hello everyone!

I started using G# (Framework v1.8.2.1 and G# v1.6.9 from VIPM) in my LV2019 project. 

Now I realized that there is either something wrong with the debugger or my understanding / code.

I made a hardware abstraction layer that goes like this: Device < Powersupply < PSU_Brand/Simulated

In my application, i ran "Create_PSU_Simulated" three times, collected the references and used them in various places. Everything works as I intended. So far so good.

But when I open the debugger, I only ever see the last instance that was used before my code waits for the next cycle.

That means: although I can see three PSU (X,Y,Z) child instances in the debugger, they all show the attributes of PSU_Z.

And when I want to look at the parents, their attributes all have the default values.

Everything works though, so the objects do exist.

When decreasing the poll-time of the debugger to 10ms, I can see the correct data, but it flashes on and offf very quickly. At 1ms it is almost solid ... but it seems to me that this is not how it was intended.

Do I need to enable some feature?
Is my create process wrong? 
In my main vi I use the create-method of the lowest child (PSU_Simulated), which calls the create of its parent (powersupply), which in turn calls the create of its parent (Device).

Thanks to everyone reading this far. 🙂 

A5tro_0-1707920769936.png 

A5tro_1-1707920820373.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(216 Views)

That's a known bug that can happen. 😞 I don't have any workaround, but it's on the list of fixes we're working on. If you have 3 objects in the list they are individuals, so your Create seems to work fine. 🙂

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(201 Views)

Thank you for the quick reply!

Sad to hear that it's not my fault. 😕

A bug that "can" happen. So there might still be something I can do to prevent it?
Is there anything I can help to troubleshoot?

Is it normal that the parent objects are not in the object tree on the left, but can be found when clicking on the child and looking at the inheritance list?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(193 Views)