G#

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface passable objectAttributes not passed properly to other methods

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create an interface class for my fpga controller main.vi. I want to be able to have different versions of the FPGA controller, which is why i chose this route. I also want to have predefined methods in the interface so that whoever wants to interface other types of compatible fpga's to my program, they simply need to use the interface as a guide to create methods to a new fpga controller.

However, when i create an interface, the only options i have is execute and abstract. When in some examples, there includes an Impelement instead, which I don't know how to get there. I also noticed that the interface icon i have is an open green circle, while the interface with the "implement" option has a closed circle. How do you get there? Is this why maybe my object attributes are not updating?

See image: FPGAref_objectAttribute_notSame.......SameVALue.png

Secondly, when I implement the interface, it seems that the objectAttribtutes of FPGA class are not passed down properly to the next subvi. During initialize FPGA REF, i initialize the FPGA and load the reference into the object. After, in another method called, Update Vel_app, i update a value by writing to the FPGA this new calibrated value. When i probe the fpga reference, it shows they have the same value uin the probe watch window, but not in the probe window. It shows [1] for the fpga ref during initialization. But in the next method, it changes to [0]. Anyone have any idea what i am doing wrong? I tried updating the type definition of my host fpga ref in each object, and still no luck.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(538 Views)

I'm too bad at interfaces to give an answer, but i'll ask around. Can you post some example code?

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(493 Views)