G#

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starUML ReverseEngineer bug

Hello Komorbela!

I am just about to try them out!

Many thanks for your great instructions and efforts, if there is anything unclear I hope I can contact you.

Sincerly,

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(984 Views)

Hello Komorbela!

I have found and corrected the private/protected bug. Many thanks for reporting this missbehaviour.

I could not reproduce the errors with the actor class. It seems to reverse engineer just fine with both dependecies and dependencies + G# object. Tried your example project and your instructions.

I would like to investigate this a bit further. Can you make the generator stop once again and then scroll down in the front panel. A bit down you will find a error indicator. Could you copy the error and then send it to me? It would be really neat to be able to get to the bottom of this.

There will be a new release quite soon.

Thanks for your efforts!

Sincerly,

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(984 Views)

Hi Andreas,

So I did what you asked me for. It stopped again. Here is the error text:

"Property Node (arg 1) in G#StarUMLPlugin.lvlib:FromLV2009.lvclass:GetClassesByProject.vi->G#StarUMLPlugin.lvlib:FromLV2009.lvclass:GetClasses.vi->G#StarUMLPlugin.lvlib:Generator.lvclass:GetClasses.vi->G#StarUMLPlugin.lvlib:Generator.vi"

code: 1373

and it looks like this:

ErrorReport_RE_bug_01.png

I hope this supplied the info you need.

Best Regards:

Bela

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(984 Views)

Hello Bela!

I have tried some fault injections to try to replicate this behaviour. If there is a broken .lvlib, .lvclass or .vi this sort of thing could happen. Could you check if the actor class, or its dependencies, has some broken vi:s or similar?

We have seen that in some cases when installing multiple packages with the vi packetmanager (VIPM, is very neat btw) can break code from earlier installed packages. This was solved by reinstalling the package that what broken.

If you cannot find any broken .vi:s, could you try to reinstall the actor package?

Since I cannot replicate this, I am thinking of putting up a popup dialog and displaying a error message and then skip the .vi or class that cannot be analyzed. This way the user is informed about the error and the program does not stop. I hope this will be sufficient for the time beeing.

Sincerely,

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(984 Views)