GDS(Goop Development Suite)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Object Does not Shut Down properly in an Executable

Michael,

I am using active object in my classes, it works perfectely in development mode. But when I use it in Run Time and try to exit the application, the program has a lot of trouble to shut down the active object and most of the times when I exit the application, it freezes with a message saying " RESETING VI"..... and the vi it is being referred to is the Active Object vi. Any clues in how to solve this?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,324 Views)

There is another loop running in active class.You can use Start Process.vi to run the process loop.also you can stop the loop use StopProcess.vi.I think it is not use StopProcess.vi in your class Destroy.vi . You can also check you process.vi  to find it can reponse the queue cmd msg of StopProcess.vi correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,278 Views)

Hello,

Yes, I agree.

The problem was that not all instances of the class with the active object were being destroyed, which resulted as you said, in loops left in memory. In the development mode somehow this were taken care and I did not even noticed, as labview shutdown these  loops. However, in executable mode, there will be an RESETING VIs problem if the active objects are not properly destroyed I realized this using the Desktop Execution Tracer tool kit by certifying myself that all instances of classes with active object were destroyed while in development mode. To my surprise, I exited without destroying some instances, and after I shut down everything properly the problem is gone forever!

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,267 Views)