GPU Computing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW GPU Computing

Hi, I'm wondering if there are any plans to update this to work for CUDA 3.x and beyond.  There are new hardware devices that require later versions of CUDA to work.  Labview would be the perfect tool for my application if I could reliably integrate it with current GPU functionality. 

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 52
(1,913 Views)

Can you tell me mathguy what is the error 13 that i am frequently receiving when i'm trying to run cuda from labview??

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 52
(1,913 Views)

If the error is generated by LabVIEW and not a CUDA library, it's a failure to find/load a resource. The most likely culprit is a CUDA dll is missing.

If you are using a CUDA version newer than v2.x, this is probably why. The NILabs module does not support later versions of CUDA (v3.0 and later).

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 52
(1,913 Views)

I found cuda 2.0 and installed it and it worked but what do we have to do for later versions of cuda? do we need to import dll files in labview to run it in later version?

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 52
(1,913 Views)

Sorry, but there aren't isn't any support thru NILabs which works w/ newer CUDA versions.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 52
(1,913 Views)

Hi,

I keep getting error "Call Library Function Node in cuda.lvlib:Get CUDA Device.vi" when I try to run Get Cuda Device.vi.

I know I have a GPU that is accessible from Labview because I can access it from other VI's such as the AD Vision toolkit. So what's going wrong?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 52
(1,913 Views)

My guess is that you are using a CUDA version greater than 2.3. The module only works with CUDA v2.x.

Message 37 of 52
(1,913 Views)

Indeed MathGuy, I installed the legacy CUDA 2.3 and now it works!

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 52
(1,913 Views)

Hi,

I have made a FFT cuda dll file in  the vs2005, But when I use the Labview to call the dll to do a caculation the problem came out.

When the data below 10*10  2D array it works well,but when the data above 100*100 2D array , the labview just quit out. I have tried many ways to find the reason for nearly 2 weeks but there is no good result , can you help me to solve the problem? When just run the program in vs2005 it works very well.

My Labview version is 2011, Visual Studio 2005, CUDA 4.0, GPU hardware GTX460

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 52
(1,913 Views)

MathGuy,

Thank you for posting this update.  Is the current version of the beta only compatible with LabVIEW 2012, or is it possible to try this out with, say, 64-bit 2011?

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 52
(1,913 Views)