From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

GPU Computing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Help: initialize device ID problem

Hi all,

I want to write an image to the graphic card memory. And then at another part of my program, I read it from graphic card memory and display it on the monitor.

My questions are:

1- What does this error mean (the picture below)? And how could I solve it? I used "default: 0" for Device ID in initialize device block.

2- How should I convert an image data format to 2D data and vice versa, in order to wire it to CUDA download and upload blocks?

original.jpg

----------

My program is about first writing 2 images in the graphic card memory. Then reading and displaying them one by one, alternately in a loop.

Trying this algorithm is for displaying images in very short intervals and the fast way.

Do you have any idea for writing this code?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,487 Views)

Hi,

Based on the error message it seems that an environment vairable %CUDA_PATH%\bin is not valid.

I'm wondering if your CUDA drivers are installed properly, I am not sure if the NI software does that for you or expects this to be installed by NVIDIA.

I would check if your NVIDIA CUDA drivers are isntalled properly, and most importnatnly if the Environemnt Variable exists on your system.

Hope this helps,

Maciej

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,314 Views)