General

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble installing 2021 Game Tools

Solved!
Go to solution

When I try to install the 2021 FRC Game tools, I get the error in the attached picture.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,404 Views)

What steps did you take to get to the behavior you note in your picture?

You can use this guide as a reference point out which section you get stuck at.

If I were to guess I think that maybe there was some type of network error. Maybe try using the offline package using this link and clicking on "Individual Offline Installers" in the bottom right hand corner.

frc-offline-installers.png

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,368 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sciencewhiz

The error message that I got last night was from the online install. Redownloading and reinstalling tonight worked. It appears that something changed from last night to tonight. I also downloaded the offline installer last night. Last night it downloaded "ni-frc-2020-game-tools_20.0.0_offline.iso" and tonight it downloaded "ni-frc-2020-game-tools_20.0.1_offline.iso". Maybe there was a partially applied update that was fixed today?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,363 Views)

That's good to hear! Unsure on the exact cause but I'm glad it worked.

For others who might be running into the same problem I'd just try again here. Also the guide I was referring to in my earlier post is the WPI guide at this link

@sciencewhiz if this solved your issue I think marking your post as the solution might be helpful for any others who may have the same question so they can find your solution.

Best of luck on the season!

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,356 Views)