High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting image with corsor legend

I am using Labview 8.6. I want to export image in .BMP format with cursor legend details attached.

How to do that?

Regards

Kelkar 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,415 Views)

We need more details so we can help you.

1. What image do you want to export (a graph, whole front panel)?
  2. How do you want to trigger the export (every loop iteration, on demand, on signal trigger)?

Also, you may get better response if you repost in the general LabVIEW forum, since this is a general UI question.  This forum is specific to scopes/high speed digitizers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,414 Views)

Sir,

I want to export a graph when the user want to save the  image i.e. on demand.

Regards

Kelkar 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,406 Views)

The short answer is use the ExportImage method of the graph to save the image.  But this ignores the infrastructure you will need to make it work.  The solution you choose depends upon how robust / resuable / extensible you want your code.

If you have a simple loop taking data and displaying, you can add a boolean to your front panel, read it in the loop, and use the output to switch a case statement, which queries the user for a file name, then runs the ExportImage method to save the image.

If you want a more maintainable set of code, you will need at least three loops - a UI loop to handle events, a task handling loop to act on the events, and a data acquisition loop to take your data.  This sort of architecture is explained numerous places in these forums (e.g. here).  Look for "producer / consumer" and "state machine".  In this architecture, the pressing of the button to signal saving the image is handled in the event structure in the UI loop.  The actual export of the image is handled in the task handling loop.  Data acquisition is handled in the data acquisition loop (which should be a state machine).

Let us know if you need more help.  Note that I will be on vacation for two weeks starting this afternoon, so you may want to post any new questions to the main LabVIEW forums.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,402 Views)