High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-5911 -10801 error?

what does error -10801 on the test panels for a PCI-5911 mean?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,482 Views)

Hi reichenbach,

I believe the error refers to the following:

"An error occurred during the calibration process.  Possible reasons for this error include incorrect connection of the stimulus signal, incorrect value of the stimulus signal, or malfunction of your DAQ device."

Were you trying any sort of calibration, self-calibration, or reset of the device, or were you just trying to acquire a quick signal in the test panel within MAX? Does the device work properly when running a simple shipping example? If not, it sounds like there may be a problem with the device and it would likely need repair. Hope this helps,

Daniel S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,481 Views)

I got this error by simply running test panels in NI Max and then 'querying' to read input data. i have nothing connected to the input. i thought that the unit should be able to run error-free without an input.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,463 Views)

what is a 'simple shipping example?'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,462 Views)

What was meant was any of the LabVIEW shipping examples found within LabVIEW on Help>>Find Examples.

Regards,
Efrain G.
National Instruments
Visit http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/ for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,454 Views)

how does one run the self calibration for the PCI-5911 units. the manual says this: "Self-calibration is done using a software command."

where is the software command? can this command be run in NI-MAX? if not, what software do i need?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,981 Views)

You should be able do this in MAX. Just find your 5911 under Devices and Interfaces, right click on it and select "self-calibrate".

Regards,
Efrain G.
National Instruments
Visit http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/ for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,964 Views)