High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted: National Instruments PCI-5911 High-Speed Digitizer

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had a PCI-5911 digitizer they wished to sell (4MB board is fine).  I require this specific board to work with an existing labview acquistion program.

Alternatively if anyone knows of PDA14 (Signatec) drivers that allow LABView to acquire from this board that would be fantastic.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,755 Views)

Out of curiosity, what feature of the 5911 are you using that requires its use vs. a PCI-5922 or another digitizer?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,751 Views)

Hi Spada,

Here's the list of PCI digitizers, in case no one can offer up a 5911.

Additionally, it may help for you to post the driver question on the Instrument Control boards.  All of the 3rd party instrument drivers NI has are listed under ni.com/idnet, in which I don't see your particular device.  However, a user on the Instrument Control boards may have a similar one not listed on idnet.

Thanks,

Lisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,744 Views)

Thank for you reply.  I have an already written labview code for this board supplied by another lab.  I am not an engineer, but an optometrist and want to use this card for an A-scan ultrasound system to measure the length of eye structures.  

I am trying to source the same board so hopefully I can just insert the board and be up and running with no changes to the labview code.

Hope this makes sense, thanks for the help.

David

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,742 Views)

That's what I thought, hence my original question.  In many cases, National Instruments High-Speed Digitizers can be swapped with no changes in the LabVIEW code.  The exception is if you are using a feature which is unique to the PCI-5911.  An example of this would be a very high resolution measurement where you need the resolution.  In this case, the 5922 would probably work for you.  However, if you can work with 14 bits of resolution, the PCI-5122 may be a lower cost option.

Given your application, I would assume you need enough time resolution to get accurate distances and enough voltage resolution to pick up your signals.  I don't know how good your amplifiers are, but the 5122 has enough bandwidth to get you spatial resolution on the order of 20µm (assuming sound speed of about 1500m/s in the eyeball).

We can also help you modify your code, if needed, if you cannot find another 5911.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
(5,739 Views)