Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent B2902A precision source unit doesn't work anymore since firmware update

@Oxydroid wrote:

It keeps being blocked trying to initialize the connexion between the pc and the instrument. The instrument is still recognize by the pc. I tried many other "example programs" but none works.

What exactly does "blocked" mean?

Do you even know what your program is even doing?

If I had to guess, your current test program is looking for something specific specific in the response to the *IDN? query.

The response has changed because the firmware version is included in the response.

Know what YOUR program is doing and FIX it.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(2,788 Views)

My block diagram is quite big... I took 2 screenshots to show you how it looks like. The top part is concerning the source management and the bottom part is about my second device (simple serial port to get logs).

When I animate the execution the program seems to block on the first VI called "Initialize". This VI is provided by NI in the package to use the B2900 serie and I have never modified it. I will add some screenshots of this VI to my next message for you to see.
I really don't understand because it worked fine until I update the Keysight firmware.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(2,785 Views)

Here the screenshots of the VI "initialize" provided by Labview. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(2,779 Views)
Thanks. I don't see anything that should cause a 'blocking'. Does the same thing happen when you just run the initialize function? The function already has the mod for Keysight so I don't understand why you would get an error. Run it with execution highlighting turned on to see where it is getting stuck.
Message 14 of 14
(2,771 Views)