Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous data acquisition

Hello,

I'm basically stuck at the same position where I ended up when I tried to solve my problem with single sequence mode. Namely when I measure a pulse of my 1kHz signal, it takes too much time to send the signal to the computer and I miss the next pulse. From now on I will talk again about the single sequence mode since the continuous mode seems to have no real advantage for my purpose. Also I plan to read out 1000 pulses in a row, which means to measure all the pulses for one second. I see two possible solutions to my problem;

1. I need to speed up my measurement and the data transmission time. One option is to set the record length to the minimal  value of 1000 points. Also I improved the measuring time by limiting the ammount of code in the measurement loop to the VISA write and VISA read command. Shortening the timebase of the measurement did not lead to a significant time reduction. What else can I do?

2. I need to allocate the 1000 waveforms on the scope and after acquiring the last one, transmitting all the data to the computer. I'm not even sure if that's possible at all with my scope since I could not find a pice of information to this topic here. Have you heard of that before?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(821 Views)