Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB with 5075

Hey guys,

I own the 5075 Precision Multimeter from Time Electronics and want to communicate with the device using the PCI-GPIB-Card. In Measurement & Automation Explorer I cannot find the device under the GPIB-tab. By using the Interactive Control (in device level), I am able to talk to it (send configs, read AC/DC etc.). The multimeter has its own instruction set and with "*IDN?"-command I reset the instrument instead of gaining its address (and that is why I guess the NI-software doesn't recognize it). So my question is, is there any advisory to make the instrument available within the Automation Explorer?

thanks, christian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,774 Views)

So you are saying that when you do a scan for instruments, nothing shows up or are you simply getting a message that it does not respond to the *IDN? query? Post an image of MAX with the Devices and Interfaces category expanded.  It clearly does not implement the *IDN? query if the instrument resets. Is it actually listed in the manual or are you just assuming it would work? In any case, the *IDN? is not supposed to return an instrument's address. And, if the instrument does not support the *IDN? query, you have no problem except the one where you cannot send that command.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,772 Views)