Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-6008 Control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm currently using a Measurement Computing USB-3101 DAQ board, but am now using a NI USB-6008 DAQ board and need a bit of help with the connector and pinout conversions.  The MC USB-3101 has a 56 pinout, where as the NI USB-6008 has a 32 pinout.  I've done searches, but have found varied results.  Anyone have a concrete conversion pdf or website for these conversions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,548 Views)

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your post!

One of the best ways to see the pin outs of the 6008 is to open Measurement and Automation Explorer, right click on the device and select  Device Pinouts. You can do this with any DAQmx device that may be installed on your computer. For online documentation of the 6008 please see pages 13 and 14 of the following manual.

NI USB-6008/6009 User Guide and Specifications

Let us know if this helps!

Cheers!

Corby_B

http://www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,515 Views)

Thank you for your response Corby.

I know the pinouts for the 6008, I was more interested in knowing what the pinouts are in comparison to the 56 pinout setup, like the one used for the Measurement Computing USB-3101 DAQ Board.

On the USB-3101 DAQ board I am using pinouts VOUT0, VOUT1, AGND, and NC.  The 6008 does not have pinouts under these labels, and I am wondering what the equivelant pinouts are for it.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,511 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Steve.Briggs

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your email back! I see now what you were asking. The VOUT1 and VIOUT2 I feel would be the equivalent to the 6008's AO 0 and AO 1 and GND. So pins 14-16. These would be the pins you would use for outputting a voltage based on the specs of the card. There are not any "NC" or no connects on the 6008 as all the pins are being used.  Let me know if this helps! Have a great day!

Cheers!

Corby_B

http://www.ni.com/support 

Message 4 of 6
(4,496 Views)

Hello Corby,

Thank you for your response!  It is exactly what I was looking for.  When I get to the lab later this afternoon I'll test it out and let you know if it succeeded.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,493 Views)
In addition, to be sure that the voltage was being sent I connected the previous NC connection to the Analog In port (AI0) and in MAX read the activity at port 0 and it came up correct.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,321 Views)