Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Solaris drivers for old hardware

(Hi folks, I posted this question yesterday, but I really should have mentioned the platform in the subject line, as people will assume Windows.  I didn't see a way to edit the subject of an existing topic, so I'm re-posting this.  I apologize for the mostly-redundant post.)

I'm looking for the driver package for the Solaris 2.x OS for SPARC systems (not x86, and certainly not Windows) for the PCI-MXI-2 board.  I am trying to resurrect an old data acquisition system mainly for fun.  I can't seem to find those old drivers anywhere; can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

-Dave McGuire

mcguire@neurotica.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,264 Views)

Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting to the NI Forums! I am unable to find a driver online that can be downloaded, but was able to find this KnowledgeBase article, which mentions that the MXI-2 2.0 driver should work with a Solaris 2.5 or above OS.

Current NI-VXI Driver Versions

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/63E23F33EB70A086862571EA00659E04

Since this specific driver is not available as an online download, you will need to contact a National Instruments Sales Representative in order to help you further in obtaining the driver.

Thanks!

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,236 Views)

Hi!  Thanks for your reply.  This probably means NI wants me to buy drivers that my predecessor bought fifteen years ago and lost the CDROM. 😉  I don't see that working out, as I'm mainly doing this as a fun exercise, but I'll ask a sales guy as you suggested.  Maybe he/she can work some magic.  Thanks, and have a great day!

-Dave McGuire

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,228 Views)