Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial com Dropsense potentiostat mu-200

Solved!
Go to solution

Has anyone experience in setting the serial communication with the Dropsense mu-200 potentiostat?

I'm trying to write a com program in Labview using the file given me by the company, but I'm not sure how to read the current...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,686 Views)

Hi

you need to send commands to your device via serial from LabVIEW

you find some examples for LabVIEW 2012:

National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\examples\instr\smplserl.llb\Basic Serial Write and Read.vi

Serial Communication General Concepts

Did you first verify your Serial Port using Hyperterminal?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,656 Views)

Thanks for your reply,

yes I've set up the serial com using a subvi that use VISA write and VISA read and I do get replies from the apparel, so the port is ok,

however with the attached serial protocol I've some doubts regarding the current recording, so I was looking if someone is doing the same serial com somewhere else...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,641 Views)

Ok, I've found the issue, I was reading a not large enough bit number while reading from the instrument buffer,

many thanks,

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,604 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DLotti

Hi,

you are welcome 😉

FYI : you can read more than the default 4096 bytes off of a serial port. You simply need to increase the buffer size that is by default set to 4096 bytes. This is achieved by using VISA Set I/O Buffer Size.vi which is located in the Functions palette under Instrument I/O»VISA»VISA Advanced»Bus/Interface Specific.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,602 Views)