Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent Uninstall of IVI/VISA Shared Components

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

When performing a silent uninstall of all NI packages from a system, I notice that the IVI and VISA Shared Components packages are still present in the system, under the "programs and features" window.  They can be uninstalled manually, but has anyone attempted a silent or scripted uninstall of these packages with any success?  Thanks!!

-Eric

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(10,184 Views)

Hi Eric, I haven't tried it yet but have you seen this article? Perhaps you where missing this components from the features list...

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(10,170 Views)
Solution
Accepted by EricJay

Hello Eric,

Actually, the IVI Shared Component is a common software published by IVI Foundation Org. There may be some dependencies to this compoent from other vendor's products. So before uninstalling it, please make sure there is no other software depends on it.

There is a tool for cleanup the IVI Shared Component. Link: IviCleanupUtility_2.2.1.exe.

Thanks,

Charles

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(10,160 Views)

Hi Charles,

Thank you for this information, as well as the link to the cleanup utility.  Unfortunately, it does not appear to have a silent function that can be executed using arguments.  I was hoping to use it for a remote deployment/uninstall project.  It appears that there will be no harm in leaving the shared components on a system when NI software is removed.

-Eric

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(10,141 Views)