Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB RAW instrument communication (OMEGA device)

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello,

I recently purchased a PT-104A RTD acquisition module from OMEGA and so far I was able to read data by using their software, so the hardware seems to be all right. 
I’d like to integrate this data into a labview application and I tried using the labview vi that came with the logger, but the NI MAX wasn't able to find the device. I unistalled the pico software, cause it might block the port, but had no sucess. 
I followed the procedure for USB RAW instruments I found here https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000x1qzCAA&l=it-IT but the NI-VISA Driver Wizard can’t install the INF file. 
My Labview version is 2018 and my system is Win10 64bit, I have read there can be issues about signing the INF file, but even disabling the Driver Signature Enforcement and installing the INF file doesn’t make the device listed in the NI MAX. I noticed a .PNF file wasn’t generated so I guess this is an issue but I don’t know how to proceed from here.
Is there an alternative procedure that can help me making the device detected by NI MAX?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(182 Views)

Have you checked out their SDK?

https://www.omega.com/en-us/data-acquisition/data-acquisition-modules/p/PT-104A-DAQ-Module

santo_13_0-1712588987319.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 5
(159 Views)
Solution

m.guerra@mgsthermal.com wrote:

Is there an alternative procedure that can help me making the device detected by NI MAX?

No! But the Omega provided SDK is almost for 120% sure, the easier solution anyhow. You being able to install the VISA USB Raw driver for your device is only the start of your real trouble. You then need to communicate with your device on USB Raw level, which only is possible if you have a detailed USB protocol description. And that is not the level where you can send *IDN? to a device and hope to get anything, but rather where you need to configure USB endpoints, read binary data, change single bits in those binary data and send back that information and maybe get the reaction you wanted.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 5
(109 Views)

Thank you, I will try again with the SDK and try to make it work. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(97 Views)

Thank you very much for the infos, I will try again with the SDK.

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(95 Views)