Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNET LIN Max Schedules

With XNET LIN, I've recently encountered the error:

"The maximum number of schedules has been detected. Solution: Use fewer schedules."

What is the maximum number of schedules, and why is there one?

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,860 Views)

Hi,

Can you provide some more context for when the error is occuring?  Is there an error code associated with the message?  Is this error occuring during run-time?  Is it an output from a specific VI?  Did you recently start using more schedules, or additional LDFs?

I know there is a limit of 64 IDs per LDF, but this sounds like something different.

If you have anything else that you think may be helpful to me, it would be apprciated.

Thanks

Ryan

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,854 Views)

It occurs at run-time. There is an error code associated, but I don't have it. Not sure which VI it comes from, but I was using the XNET DB API to programmatically create schedules, and I was just creating a simple schedule for each ID with a single entry. The error happened when I was creating one for each ID, but I trimmed it to only create one for 60 and 61.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,851 Views)

Hi Kevin,

When you have a chance could you let me know what the error code is?

Also, this is being generated if you are only trying to modify the debugging IDs?  Are you trying to modify these schedules at all, or just open them?  Did you get the error when you were not using 60 and 61?

Thanks,

Ryan

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,847 Views)

I create the schedules, and I got the error when I created a schedule for 1-61 and I didn't get the error when I created just 60-61. It would be a little inconvenient to change things and rebuild then redeploy it just to get the error number. I'd think you could look it up from the message. On the surface it seems pretty straight forward, I created too many schedules. I guess I'm curious what is the maximum number of schedules allowed, and I'm also questioning why should there be a maximum number of schedules?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,845 Views)

Hi Kevin,

The reason I asked for the error number, is that searching for the message alone was not bringing up anything.  Looking through the manual I was not able to find anything about a maximum number of schedules.  I will work with our R&D team to see what I can dig up.

Thanks,

Ryan

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,839 Views)

I am getting the same type of message.

'Error -1074384874 occurred at XNET Read (Frame LIN).vi:1

Possible reason(s):

NI-XNET: (HEX 0xBFF63016) The maximum number of schedules has been detected.  Solution: Use fewer schedules.'

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,828 Views)

Hi telliot

Thank you for that helpful post.  In response to Kevins previous post, I was not able to get a similar error using simply the database API.

I will look into this error code and see what I can find.  

Thanks!

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,815 Views)

Hi again,

I was not able to find any information about that error.  Would you mind attatching your code so that I can attempt to re-produce the issue?

Thanks!

Ryan

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,810 Views)

It looks like it happens when you start a session, because you said you couldn't reproduce it and his error message said it happened at XNET Read. I would guess that he had an auto start session and just called the Read VI without ever calling the Start VI. So, I would say create a database, add a bunch of schedules to it, and then start a session and call the read VI.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,807 Views)