Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNET LIN Max Schedules

Hi all,

I was able to set up some hardware so that I could actually run the LIN software.  I am still unable to reproduce the error.   I modified the LIN loopback test example to attempt creating "too many schedules."  The code creates a cluster in memory, and then create a lin frame and schedule for that cluster.  I have created up to 256 clusters without getting an error using identifiers 0-63.  If setting up your interface differently let me know and I can try to replicate the error, or if either of you have your code I could use that to modify my example

Thanks,

Ryan

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(966 Views)

I wasn't creating clusters. I was creating additional LIN schedules for the same cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(965 Views)

Ok, 

I have been able to reproduce the error, but not using the read function.  My error pops up when I create my session.  I also have not been able to isolate or figure out exactly when the error comes and goes.  I will work tomorrow to try to isolate what exactly is causing it.  I have also noticed that I have to reset my bus to clear the error.  Did either of you experience similar behavior?

Ryan

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(949 Views)

When I was getting the error I was using VeriStand so the system was just failing to deploy and I didn't get to see what exactly were the effects of the error. But sounds like the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(946 Views)

Ok, so one more question as I continue to narrow down the situation.  What type of session where you using in your applications?  Was it frame out single point, or frame out queued?

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(940 Views)

I'm using frame out single point, frame in single point, signal out single point, and frame in stream.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(938 Views)

I will build this into my code tomorrow and see how if I can reproduce the error for this purpose

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(930 Views)