Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conection problem between labtracer2.0 and Keithley Source Meter 2400

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I meet a problem of the connection between labtracer2.0(published by Keithley, compiled on Labview) and Keithley Source Meter 2400.

My basic connection is Source Meter2400, GPIB card(from Keithley) and Labtracer2.0.

Although I installed the Visa run time 4.4, and labtracer2.0, I cannot use labtracer to control 2400 and get data from it. The warning information shows that the labtracer cannot find run time information, or there is a script error if I run the test some times.

In fact, this system is ok last week. The upper problem arrised after I install Matlab and KTEI for Model4200 of Keithley. Although I uninstall them, the problem still exist.

I've tryed to uninstall and install all relevant sofe. But the problem still bother me.

I need your kind help.

Thanks  a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,918 Views)
Solution
Accepted by aomiups

Hello,

I do not know what is causing this issue, but there are some steps we can take to restore your system to before you installed the new software. This issue is most likely caused by registry keys being over written by the new software.

First, we need to un-install all NI software. Next, follow the instructions in the word document that I've enclosed the. This will use the MSIblast utility to clean all your registry keys.

Next, we need navigate to your System32 folder and delete the cvirte.dll and cvirt.dll files from your system. Now, when we reinstall NI VISA 4.4, the software will reinstall the correct versions of these files.

This process should get you back to where you were before installing the offending software.

Thank you,

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,895 Views)

Thanks, Ryan.

Thank you for your kind help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,882 Views)