Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to talk with microcontroller using RS232

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am working on a project, which includes a power supply and PCBA board. This board consists of a microcontroller, with realys , powersupply.

My aim is to, read current,volatge and read relay output using the mictocontroller ports.

this is my first project, and i don't have experiance in, how to communicate with micro controller using LV (VISA). ?

How to read ports?

Do i need to write the program for it?

If i do, then , how can i send that program to LV program?

I am bit confused. Could you please help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,147 Views)
Solution
Accepted by sandy1

So in your case your best bet is start uot with some of the LabVIEW example programs which can be found by opening up LabVIEW >> Help >> Find Examples.  This should populate a ton of examples.  Once in the example finder go to Hardware Input and Output.  i would then look at the following two folders: Serial and VISA.  Depending on how you have to communicate to your device it you should be able to find an example program that will get you started and on your way!

The other source of help that i would suggest is the Nicom/community where many users post different programs for different applications - you may be able to find an example that is tailored to your application. 

I hope this helps please let us know if you need anymore help!

Charley Dahan

Global Account Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,129 Views)