Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how we control various parameters in industry

hi,

respected sir,

I m student of instrumentation department sir can i implement virtual instrument for controling various parameters in industry such as temperature,pressure etc using PID controller.Please suggest me the possible  ways to implement my idea as my final year project.

thank you sir,

with best regards,

BOMMAREDDY

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,326 Views)

Yes, all those parameters can be controlled through a LabVIEW program and a PID toolkit is available. We cannot make any suggestions on your project because (1) it is YOUR project, (2) we do not know what the specifications or scope of your project are, and (3) we do not knwo what instruments, sensors, and other apparatus are available to you.

What people on the Forum will do is to help you learn to use LabVIEW and other NI products. Please ask very specific questions and provide details about what you have already tried and what does or does not work.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,298 Views)

thank you for your rply sir, in my project i want to control temperature of industry using PID controller using j type thermocouple here my doubt is that what is need of SCXI chasis? and shall i know the difference between data socket and daq boards.would  you please send me link regarding to these topics.

thank you sir,

with regards,

BOMMAREDDY.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,266 Views)
You don't need SCXI. There are any number of DAQ devices that can measure temperature. How many channels? What is the range? Have you looked at the products pages?

Data socket is a communication protocol and really is quite separate from DAQmx. That is the api for using NI DAQ CARD hardware.

What language are you planning on using?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,260 Views)

thank you,sir i wish to do this project using LABVIEW software g langunage and would you please provide full description on both data socket and DAQ 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,228 Views)
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/5434/en/

Read the datasocket help in LabVIEW. Why do you even want to know about this?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,215 Views)

thankyou sir providing these information to do my project 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,200 Views)