Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hp871xB instrument driver

Dear all,

I try to use the 'hp871xB' driver for our 'hp8714C' network analyzer. I don't know how acquire the measurement results of 'Magnitude' and 'Phase' simultaneuosly. How should I define those two channel ?  I still don't understand about the 'Channel' expression on the 'Configure VI'.

Thanks alot for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,977 Views)

Hi fatoni,

The manual for the HP 8714C (now owned by Agilent Technologies) can be found here: http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/editorial.jspx?id=1000000088%3Aepsg%3Aman&ckey=1000000088%3Aepsg.... The manual contains all of the various commands and parameters that the device accepts. The “Channel” input refers to one of the 2 channels that the device can output data from. See the manual for a detailed description of each channel.

I suspect that reading the data from both channels would be as simple as using 2 copies of the “HP871xB Example” VIs, with each reading in separate channel data.

I used Context Help to examine the Read Waveform VI from the Agilent Technologies / Hewlett-Packard hp871xb Signal Generator,Analyzer VIs (found here http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E90E6659CE034080020E748...). The “Data Type” input has the following information documented in the VI, which may help you understand how the data is formatted:

contexthelp.png

David G
Sales Engineer - SE Michigan & N Ohio
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,952 Views)

Hi,

I try to communicate with the HP 8712/8714 using GPIB commands.

I need to use Data/Memory, but the following function does not work :

CALC:MATH (IMPL/CH SMEM);:DISP:WIND1:TRAC1 ON;TRAC2 OFF

Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,228 Views)

NNek,

What happens when you try to send a simple command using VISA test panels in MAX? Can you get the HP device to identify itself?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,215 Views)

Kyle T,

I receive the ID of the Network Analyser

Thank you for your answer, I solved my problem ( I had skipped one step away " Data->Mem).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,191 Views)