Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stepper motor control +parallel port

I am very new to the stepper motor..i need some help regarding this lab view...so can i know how to start..

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 45
(2,355 Views)

Attached is a Vi i used to control a small stepping motor directly through 25 - way Parallel port. Basically I turn all the 8 datapins High and Low to produce a Step like action from all the pins directly. Since I only used 1 of the 8 pins, I didn't care which one of the 8 pins I used so I just turn them all High and Low, which then translates as as single Step. By controlling the time delay, you can controll the speed of these steps. If you need to use one of the pins for direction, just isolate that pin and make that into a control so that user can specify if that pin is High or Low.

Bare in mind that physical pin 2 - pin 10 are datapins on the parallel port, which this corresponds to the 8 bollean lines in the attached example.

Kas

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 45
(2,350 Views)

Hi. I would like to control stepper motor using lab view.  I am using 7764 UMI motion driver and pci 7342 motion controller, I desgind a labview programm for stepper motor. I attached with this file.Its runnig when I am executing it. But I would like to know how to connect stepper motor with this labivew.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 45
(2,300 Views)

Hi Koma1,

I am not sure what do you mean by "But I would like to know how to connect stepper motor with this LabVIEW ."  The motion card (PCI7342) will be connecting your PC. To your UMI Drive. The motor will be connected to the Drive. LabVIEW will communicate to the motion card. Can you please be more specific on where do you need help. See this Document for more help.

Thanks and have a great day.

Message 24 of 45
(2,273 Views)

Thanks esmaham for your help. I conected evrything acording to what you said. Actually I had written program on labview ( stepper motor using parrallel port). So will motor runs if this programs runs.Please check out my program or else can you provide any vi program for moving stepper motor with my configurations as mentioned you in above forum.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 45
(2,260 Views)

Hi Komar 1,

If you open the Example Finder from Help then, Hardware Input and Output>> Motion Control>>NI73xx. You will find a lot of examples to get you started.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 45
(2,239 Views)

Thanks Esmail.I am using labview 2009. I could not find out examplesfor NI 73XX. Does they are availabe for labview 2009.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 45
(2,231 Views)

Komar,

The NI 73xx examples that Esmail mentioned should be installed with your NI-Motion drivers and can be found in LabVIEW under Help>>Find Examples. Once in the Example Finder, go to Hardware Input and Output>>Motion Control>>NI 73xx.

Additionally, I found this KnowledgeBase article on setting up the hardware properly.

Logan H

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 28 of 45
(2,196 Views)

Dear tell me i have connected the parall el port with my iC ULN2003 and the following project is still not working

Urgently solution required

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 45
(2,011 Views)

Hi,

Can you list all your Motion Hardware please.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 45
(1,983 Views)