Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terminating character

Does anyone have tried to use Oxford Instruments ObjectBench with ITC503? I cannot connect to ITC503. It also seems that I cannot read any response from ITC503 either. I think I have correctly set the EOS character to carriage return in the GPIB device setting. Any help is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,958 Views)
When you perform a "Scan for Instruments" in Measurement & Automation Explorer, does it find your instrument? If not, have you tried to communicate with it from the Interactive Control window?

Here is a link to a document with more information on how to use Interactive Control:
Introduction to the Interactive Control

This document also contains a link to some common errors and other troubleshooting techniques.

Lastly, there is another discussion forum regarding this same instrument titled "Need driver for ITC503." It contains some additional information and links to code for communicating with the instrument in LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,958 Views)
thanks Kristi,
I have tried that and to a some degree and it works. I am almost finished with writing a labview vi that does control that. Thanks again.
Yong
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,958 Views)