InstrumentStudio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-Scope waveform data formats

I'm getting reoriented to NI-Scope, part of InstrumentStudio 19.1.10. The NI-Scope help claims that one should be able to save waveform data in HWS format, but the only options available seem to be TDMS, CSV, or flat binary. Previous versions of NI-Scope supported HWS, and tools have been developed to process waveform data in this format. Is there any support for HWS in this later version of NI-Scope? If so, how can I access it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,635 Views)

NI-SCOPE versions prior to 2022 Q3 support NI-HWS in 32-bit processes only. Support for using NI-HWS was fully removed in NI-SCOPE 2022 Q3 (see the readme).

InstrumentStudio is a 64-bit process, which is why it does not have an option to save waveform data using NI-HWS.

If you wish to continue using the NI-HWS format, you will need to use an older version of NI-SCOPE (in a 32-bit process) or export in a supported format and perform the conversion.

As a bit of context, NI-HWS has a number of technical limitations. This reduced its widespread customer adoption, so support was never added beyond a few NI products (including NI-SCOPE and NI-FGEN). Due to greater customer interest in cross-compatible formats, we decided to recommend customers use the TDMS format for wider compatibility. More details on TDMS may be found here.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(1,595 Views)

Thank you for the info and context. I will choose a path forward from among the available options.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,584 Views)