LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting 2012-1-19: LabVIEW tools of the trade that make development of code easier / faster / more re-usable

Meeting Logistics

• Location: Mopac B- Briefing Center, NI Headquarters (11500 N Mopac Expressway, Austin TX, 78759)  Please note that this is in a different building from where we normally meet at
  • Date: Thursday, January 19, 2012
  • Time: 6:00 PM
  • Duration: ~ 2 hours
  • Format: 1 hour presentations

We couldn't find a sponsor for food for this meeting. We will order pizza see comments below, Sixclear will bring Greek food and put a collection jar. We'll need a head count, so please register here. We will need National Instruments members to register as well, for that, you will get an internal invitation. If you are not sure if you are in that internal list and want to be, please let me know (fabiola@delacor.com)

Meeting Description
LAF members will present on LabVIEW  tools of the trade that make development of code easier / faster / more re-usable

Presentations

"Using JKI VI Tester when refactoring code"

• Presenter: Fabiola De la Cueva
  • Est. Duration: 30mintues
  • Topic: LabVIEW programming tools
  • Description: Show how using VI Tester reduced time refactoring code and provided an easy way to confirm that the new version of the VI did exactly the same things as the previous version.

"Using .Net controls"

• Presenter: Charles_CLD
  • Est. Duration: 15 mintues
  • Topic: Tips
  • Description: using .Net controls in LabVIEW, particularly, the DataGridView and the Status Strip

"Mehtod Viewing Utility"

Go to the Actor Framework link and look for LV Class Method Viewer Tool

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(11,277 Views)

Just a warning on deliciousness, we asked Mati greek food to bring chicken, beef, and vegetable Souvlaki.

The donation jar will be going around but if there's not enough in there then Sixclear will pick up the rest of the tab. What can we say, we need to get you all to the greek!

Message 2 of 12
(6,488 Views)

Great meeting! Thanks to Sixclear for (once again) providing food it was excellent. I hope to get my code posted this weekend. I've really gotten a lot out of these meetings and hope that I was finally able to give something back to the community.

Charles Chickering
Architecture is art with rules.

...and the rules are more like guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,488 Views)

Charles, your presentation was great! I'm genuinely excited about digging through the demo code to learn some new .NET objects that I haven't played with yet.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,488 Views)

It was a great meeting!  Thanks to all the presenters - I really enjoyed it.. thanks for letting me ask a bunch of questions 🙂

Elijah Kerry
NI Director, Software Community
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,488 Views)

Charles,

Your presentation was awesome and you could see it got us all excited ! Let me know if you need help getting your code here.

Sixclear, thanks again, that was way better than pizza! Thanks!

Allen's tool was cool too, I had seen it, but somehow in my mind I thought it could only be used with Actor Framework, it is great that it can be used with any dynamic dispatch VI. BTW, I added links to where to find this tool in the presentation description in the document above.

Eli, we are glad to have you in the meetings and you are welcome to ask as many questions as you want.

Thanks again everybody for a great meeting!

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,488 Views)

We're happy to help.

Fantastic meeting all across the board, thanks to everyone who made it happen!

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,488 Views)

Ok, I FINALLY have my code in a state where I can post it. Is there anyway to attach it to this post?

Charles Chickering
Architecture is art with rules.

...and the rules are more like guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,488 Views)

Hey Charles,

You can attach it to this document (if you have the relevant permissions in the group - look for an Edit Document link under Actions in the upper right of the page), but I don't think the comment threads on documents support attachments.

If you don't see that edit link, let me know and I can upload them for you.  I don't think the uploads are attributed to the uploader specifically, so it shouldn't give me any sort of credit. 

Alternatively, you could create your own document with a code descriptio.  You may even post it in a relevant group in the community, and then link to it here.  On that note, I did a quick search of groups for .NET and it only turned up a Measurement Studio and .NET Developers group.  If you get ambitious you might great a group around using .NET in LabVIEW.

Best,

JLS

Best,
JLSx
Sixclear
VI High - LabVIEW Programming Video Blog
Message 9 of 12
(6,488 Views)

Charles,

You should have permission to edit this document and attach to it. But like JLS mentioned, you might want to create a new document abd link to it from here.

Thanks,

Fab

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,488 Views)