LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting 2012-10-25: The Hallowe'en Special

Not really.  Yes, there is a meeting.  No, there is no Hallowe'en theme.  But there should be.

Because LabVIEW front panels look great in black and orange!

Meeting Logistics

• Location: Mopac B Breifing Center @ NI headquarters 11500 North MoPac Expressway, Austin TX)
  • Date: Thursday, October 25, 2012
  • Time: 6:00 PM
  • Duration: ~ 2 hours
  • Format: presentations plus group discussion

Food: Community tip jar. I'll start a separate discussion.  We'll need a head count, so please as soon as the invitation goes out, register here. We will need National Instruments members to register as well, for that, you will get an internal invitation. If you are not sure if you are in that internal list and want to be, please let Fabiola know (fabiola@delacor.com)

Meeting Description

"Journey to OO in LabVIEW"

Presenter: DFGray

Est. Duration: 30 minutes

"A harrowing tale of mystery and imagination!"

XControls

Presenter: Aaron_G

Est. Duration: 30 minutes

"Explore the terrifying power of this LabVIEW feature!"

"Speed Programming in LabVIEW"

Presenter: Darren

Est. Duration: 30 mintues

"He's fast - scary fast!"

Edits done after meeting:

Attached Darren's presentation below.

Also, here is the link to the interview Darren did for VI Shots: http://vishots.com/podcast-labview-quickdrop-darren/

You can find other plugins for Quick Drop at the Quick Drop Enthusiasts community: https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/quick-drop-enthusiasts

Remote Attendance

If you absolutely cannot make it to NI for the meeting, we have remote connection options. You may be asked to make spooky Hallowe'en sounds (bumps, rattling chains, random screams in the distance...).

What does this mean?

You will be able to participate in the meeting remotely, including viewing presentations live & joining a conference line.

How do I join remotely?

• Screenshare: https://join.me/mysixclear
  • Conference Call: 415-464-6999 (or 609-318-5900)
  • Conference ID: 836-896-920#
  • International dial-ins: please see the international dial-in list to find your country and dial-in number.
  • Note: You can also join the audio conference by internet (VoIP) when you have entered the meeting. After entering the meeting, click on the phone icon in the toolbar to connect. A small download might be required.

***Remote Attendee Special Request***

Please mute your phones during presentations to help minimize background noise for others joined on the conference line.  To ask questions or supply comments simply pipe up, or better yet, use the chat window (available when you join the screenshare) which we'll monitor throughout.

Edit:  Damien's title was incorrect (10/2)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(9,739 Views)

I won't be at this meeting. I'll be acting in the largest haunted experience in central Texas that night... if y'all want, you can buy tickets so that after the meeting you can all drive out and enjoy the haunt. I promise it will be at least as terrifying as a customer telling you, "And I insist you do this project in LV 8.0."

Info and tickets: Scare For a Cure (http://www.scareforacure.org)

(proceeds benefit breast cancer research in Texas)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,676 Views)

I guess the Conference ID, will be posted soon.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,677 Views)

Hi Mikael,

Glad you will be able to join us.

There is no Conference ID, just follow the instructions in the "How do I join remotely?" of this document.

If you are reading this via e-mail, no need to go to the document, I will paste them for you here (between the *********** ) :

How do I join remotely?

• Screenshare: https://join.me/mysixclear
  • Conference Call: 415-464-6999 (or 609-318-5900)
  • International dial-ins: please see the international dial-in list to find your country and dial-in number.
  • Note: You can also join the audio conference by internet (VoIP) when you have entered the meeting. After entering the meeting, click on the phone icon in the toolbar to connect. A small download might be required.

Sixclear sponsors the remote connection. This is something that we are still trying out, we will be curious to get your feedback after the event.

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,677 Views)

Thanks, but when I dial the local conference number I’m asked for the Conference ID.

I’m not sure if I’ll get the VoIP working.

//Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,677 Views)

BTW, is i 6PM at your place now?

The Screen Sharing as not started yet.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,677 Views)

Hi Mikael,

You are a day early! Of course that is easy for you, because you live in the future

Here in Austin, today is Wednesday, October 24 at 6:10 PM

The LAF meeting is tomorrow, Thursday, October 25 at 6:00 PM CST ...

I hope you can join us in about 24 hours

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,677 Views)

Lol, I was so sure I got the time right, but forgot about the date-line 🙂

See you tomorrow then.

Cheers,

Mike

Message 8 of 13
(5,677 Views)

Just updated the document with the Conference ID: 836-896-920# for those joining remotely.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,677 Views)

I'm going to audaciously attempt to use the join.me app to listen in over 3G while travelling tomorrow... fingers crossed this will work... (thanks, Sixclear, for hosting remote attendees! )

Message 10 of 13
(5,677 Views)