LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Wednesday 2014-April-30: CLA Summits recap

UPDATE (Recording Available)

View at youtube.com/laftracks or embedded below.

Meeting Logistics

• Location: Mopac C - 1S13 @ NI headquarters 11500 North MoPac Expressway, Austin TX
  • Date: Wenesday, April 30, 2014
  • Time: 6:00 PM
  • Duration: ~ 2 hours
  • Format: presentation plus group discussion

Food: Thanks to NI for sponsoring food. We will need an accurate headcount, so please here. We will need National Instruments members to register as well, for that, you will get an internal invitation. If you are not sure if you are in that internal list and want to be, please let Fabiola know (fabiola@delacor.com). If you are attending remotely, there is no need to register, just let us know where you are joining us from when you log in.

Meeting Description

"Highlights from the CLA Summits"

Presenters:Darren Nattinger and Allen C. Smith Est. Duration: 50 minutes

Darren and Allen will present highlights from the recent  CLA Summits that took place in Austin, Texas and at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland.

"Why Dataflow Works, Explained With a Bag Of Candy Bars and One (Piossibly Non-Existent) Potato"

Presenter: Stephen Mercer Est. Duration: 50 minutes

As presented at Euro CLA Summit 2013 and NIWeek 2013... Stephen Mercer will attempt to convey why dataflow works as a computing paradigm and how we can learn more about good programming practices by contemplating how humans eat candy bars.

Remote Attendance

Thanks to Sixclear for sponsoring remote connection. If you absolutely cannot make it to NI for the meeting, we have remote connection options.  You will be able to participate in the meeting remotely, including viewing presentations live & joining a conference line.

Join the meeting: https://join.me/712-233-467

On a computer, use any browser with Flash. Nothing to download.

On a phone or tablet, launch the join.me app and enter meeting code: 712-233-467

Join the audio conference:

Dial a phone number and enter access code, or connect via internet.

By phone:

United States  +1.408.418.5040

Access Code  712-233-467#

Other international numbers available

By computer via internet:

Join the meeting, click the phone icon and select 'Call via internet'. A small download might be required.

Start time by time zones

***Remote Attendee Special Request***

Please mute your phones during presentations to help minimize background noise for others joined on the conference line.  To ask questions or supply comments simply pipe up, or better yet, use the chat window (available when you join the screenshare) which we'll monitor throughout.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 1 of 3
(7,369 Views)

i have in my notes that someone at this meeting (probably Stephen Mercer) mentioned that i should go find the "Hide the dots" presentation by Rob H but those search terms are getting any hits. Can someone help me find the way?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,173 Views)