LabVIEW Code Questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADIS 16470

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello I am a mentor for a team that is attempting to use the 16470 imu but it seems the built in into the distro of Frc labview  for 2023 but the canned vis for the imu gives a broken run arrow even with the correct constants created and set. We are trying to not have to fight for a pigeon imu next season and this is currently what we are trying

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,163 Views)

Hi Wilaabeast,

Thanks for posting on the forums. I'm Matthew with NI.

Are you able to post your code somewhere (like GitHub)? or share screenshots?

Did you install the library via the nipkg provided by the maintainer? https://github.com/juchong/ADIS16470-RoboRIO-Driver/tree/master/LabVIEW 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,096 Views)

Unfortunately I actually can’t post the code currently since I am away from my home computer. Though I can explain a little more about the error. First I have tried both the Frc lib version that is included with the base install of the Frc version of labview and a derivative of the ni library listed in you answer. That library is found here https://github.com/jsimpso81/ADIS16470-RoboRIO-Driver . The error is the same in both instances, there seems to be a disconnect between the current typedef xxx and the one referenced throughout its vi hierarchy. I attempted on both to go through and change the reference manually but to no avail. When I return home I will try to post pictures of the broken code as it is just the pre made code from those libraries. I don’t have much experience in the spi protocol used for communication but should be able to follow any advice given without much difficulty.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,083 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Willdaabeast

I know this is old but....

Hi.    I would use the official one and NOT the one from my github (jsimpso81).  I made the private copy of the 16470 driver before I knew that it would be included in the official FRC release. Sadly it still shows up publicly because github won't let me make the repository private since it is a clone.

Internally the driver mostly uses the DIO and SPI FRC library routines.  It uses a number of other FRC library routines for reporting errors, usage reporting, etc.

We used the FRC provided driver in the 2023 season with great success.

Message 4 of 5
(678 Views)

Thank you for your response. Yeah once I realized that it was part of the Frc library and uninstalled yours it worked.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(674 Views)