LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARM SPI Close Reference VI not working for me LabVIEW 2009.

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using LabVIEW 2009 Embedded for ARM in conjunction with the LM3S8962 development board and the MCP3008 10-bit ADC chip. I'm attempting to use the basic SPI VIs to communicate with the MCP3008 - see the attached VI snippet for my current attempt. I can initialize the SPI reference, read two bytes of data from the ADC, but when I try to close the reference, the application hangs. If I stick the ARM SPI Close Reference VI in a diagram disable, the program exits normally, and I get to see my two bytes of data printed to the OLED. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,161 Views)

Stuart,

I have reproduced what you're saying.  I am investigating this issue.

Kevin S.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,149 Views)

Stuart,

I haven't been able to solve the issue, but I have identified a current work around.  I have a feeling that it's based in the chip select line, but I haven't been able to devote enough testing to the issue yet.  The work around is to use another Display Initiatize VI after the SPI Close VI.  (The old data already being displayed is retained after the display reinitializes and posts additional data.)  I hope this helps.  I don't know when/if a permanent solution will be found.  I will compile further information and present this to NI R&D.  Is this work around sufficient for you at the present?

Kevin S.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,133 Views)
Solution
Accepted by StuB

Thank you!

That takes care of the immediate problem. I very much appreciate the quick response!

Stuart

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,131 Views)