LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I build a permanent application on a MCB2300?

Solved!
Go to solution

I got an evaluation board ( MCB2300), I can create simple application and download it to the board and run it using the ULINK2 debugger. but as soon as I disconnect the debugger from the board, the board stops running. I am not very familiar with the Keil uVision as I used to use the

atmet and PIC ucontrollers. Am iI missing some configuration in the uVision?

Thanks

Davood 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,188 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dmoradi

Hi Davood,

If the code is running in debug mode, you will need to keep the ULINK2 connected. If you disconnect it, it will stop running, and you may even need to reboot the computer to get it working again. Similarly, this should not be disconnected when downloading code to the board.

If the code is not downloading and it is not in debug mode, in other words when the ULINK2 is not being used, you should be able to disconnect without a problem.

Regards,

Stephen S.

National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,174 Views)

Thanks for your solution, it worked.

I have another question, how can I have access to the interrupt configuration? I found the interrupt configuration for timers but what about the other interrups, for example external interrupts?

and a general question, can I have access to microcontroller's registers through the labview?

I appreciate your help as I dont know where to look to find answer to these questions.

Regards

Davood

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,148 Views)

Hi,

I got the EK-LM3S8962 (Luminary micro) evaluation board as well.

the microcontroller has 2 QEI chanel (Quadrature Encoder Interface) to read two encoders for motion control, but I couldn't find any way to access them from Labview.

are they accessible from labview?

Regards  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,134 Views)

Hi Davood,

Could you create a new post for each separate question? That allows us to keep new questions clear and distinct, as well as making discussions easier to find and search for future users. Thanks!

Regards,

Stephen S.

National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,110 Views)

I have a very similar question to this topic. How can I build application, which will stay on my bord with ARM7 after turnig the power off? I want my application to start working when I turn the power on again.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,371 Views)

wp.pl,

Here is a KnowledgeBase on how to do that (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A831978A2CEC21B686257528004AACBD?OpenDocument). When "Enable Debugging" is turned off in the ARM application Build Specification, the downloaded code will be deployed to the flash memory instead of the RAM. This will keep the code even when you power it off and will start when you supply power back to the board. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,342 Views)