LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 channel relay driver shield for Arduino (i2c problem)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there I build the attached VI to communicate with the 8 channel relay driver shield for Arduino. I tested whether the communication between my pc and Arduino uno is working by building VI to control pin 13 on the Arduino and it works well. I also used the Arduino software (Wire) to control the channels of the relay driver shield and it also works well. I think am doing something wrong when I addressing the shield into my VI. Can anyone help me with setting the right address into my VI? I attached the quick start guide which show how to address the shield via i2c and also I attached the VI I am working on. Your help is appreciated Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,315 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author abrka2011

The address that you use depends on the "I2C Address Jumpers" as shown on page 2 of the PDF document.

I have attached a VI that essentiall duplicates what the example program does but in addition, allows you to have more than one relay active at a time.  Let me know if it does or doesn't work or if you have any questions.  It assumes that the address is 0x20.

Message 2 of 3
(3,357 Views)

Hi Nathan

It perfectly works.

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Adel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,357 Views)