LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino 2560 Not working?

Hi,

I have an arduino mega 2560 R2 that I trying to communicate with labview but I can not make it work. Maybe is th program or maybe I have a fried arduino...

What I am trying to do is simple, I have a relay on D36 and I just want to be able to control it. I am not sure if I'm writting the program correctly but too set the digital write to LOW or HIGH I assume that is equivalent to say 0 or 1 for labview, right?

Thanks,

R

One more thing to add: The L led on the board (close by pin 13) is always on, unless I hit the reset button--the it stays off. The RX led blinking for about 5 sec once I run a VI.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,279 Views)

Okay. I id corrected the situation with HIGH and LOWs so that part is solved. Now I discovered that the reason that the arduino is not working is because it is not communicatin serialy with labview. As I said, the rx, tx light blink for a couple of sec and then they stay off.

While trting to figure out why it is not working for the resource constant I selected ASRL#:INST, which should be related to the Arduino comm and it woked fine--ith both RX and TX on . Since then I haven't been able to figure how to toggle this port on/off--it seems to happen by chance.

Any ideas? Most likely is a communication issue, but for some reason I can update the 8u2 firmware.

THX

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,902 Views)

Some of the other people around here, including myself, have had luck removing the Initialize Serial in the Initialize block for the Arduino Toolkit.

Refer to the link below.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/9762?tstart=0

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,902 Views)